Mrs D's blogspot

A woman's view of the male dominated poker world

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Jeez

Well, please let February end. Can't recall having a worse month, ever!! Had a couple of FT's but had so many near bubbles too. Playing mtt's where top ten get paid and I have had 11th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 15th!!!! The last one was my KK all in preflop against guy who had slightly more chips than me who called with AQ. We were lying 2nd and 3rd at time.

Then decided to play some 6paks and unbelievable outdraws, one after the other!!

Now, nobody likes to hear someones bad luck tales but I have never been running like this before. I have always tried to not let poker get to me, after all it is just a game, but I can honestly say that the laptop has nearly been thrown a couple of times :-(

Have had to reload in Betfair, lol, and Sun account getting low. About £1000 down for the month. I haven't tilted and I am playing my same game, which is falling way short I guess. Just need a decent result I guess.

Oh well, that is my rant over, there are much worse things in life than bloody poker, just need to reassess and try and recover, BRING ON MARCH!!!!!!!!!!

gl in your games,

Mrs D xxx

5 Comments:

  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Slickqwik said…

    I hear ya sis - feb sbeen crap for me too. I think its cos there are only 28 days in this month we feel a little disorientated....yeah whatever slick :)

    Anyway stick in there and it just takes one big result to turn everything around and u will be flying

    gl
    slick

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Dests said…

    aw, thx slick, yes, it will come, just frustrating when the cards are against you, Dests xxx

    btw, I shall get a link put up for your blog ;-)

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger Doob said…

    I am unhappy now after reading of your losses but my devastation is somewhat tempered by the fact you had a winning January and that you are still in profit for the year.

    Well done and may March be profitable and Cheltenham be prosperous.

    Good luck :)

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Dests said…

    aw, thx doob, yes, I guess after a great January I expected the same in Feb :-(

    Not to worry though, looking forward to Cheltenham :-)

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Jontickle said…

    Here Here MR's D!!

    Sad to hear you had a bad month too.

    But as Slick says, one big result will turn everything around, you don't need telling that the nature of MTT's means you are gonna have spells like this. But you know you have the game to take a big one down!! So keep your chin up

     

Post a Comment

<< Home