Mrs D's blogspot

A woman's view of the male dominated poker world

Saturday, April 14, 2007

A win!!!!!!!

Hello all, sorry for the lack of posts but haven't been playing much in April. First few days was on nightshift then went up to my parents up in Cumbria for easter weekend. Had a great time, haven't been there for over 12 months and was great to catch up with old friends, must say though that I am defininitely a soft southerner now though, it was bloody cold!

Anyway, back to the poker on Tuesday and nothing of note, getting done by beats mostly :-( Dreamteam was terrible on Thursday, never got going and when down to 15oo chips with blinds at 100/200 I find TT in LP. Early raiser and I push, he insta calls with QJ! A Q on flop and I am done. Currently third in the individual leaderboard but a lot slowly catching so can't afford to have any more bad weeks.

Last night I decided to play the $16k on BF and the 2k on Sun. $16k started slowly, after first hour I was below starting stack. Not long after break I managed to double up with TT and was back in it. Got dealt KJ in the BB, three limpers so I check. Flop comes K7J. I check, one guy bets 200, next guy raises to 800 and I reraise to 1500. Early guy folds and second guy calls, turn is a queen, I jam and am called by KQ, jeez. River is a queen, lol, and I am out. Funny thing is that the KQ guy is a well known BF forumite who when playing against a few months ago decided to give me stick at a table after my JJ cracked his QQ after a low flop. Funny how these guys are the quickest to tell people how they should play but don't seem to practice what they preach. Fair enough that he was probably committed but my re-reraise after the flop should make him think he is behind.

Meanwhile, I am ticking along nicely in the 2k gtd. Easily make the FT in about 5th position. Absolutely card dead for a long time and just having to fold fold fold while the others are knocking each other out. With five left I am bottom and decide I am gonna go for it. Get a couple of nice hands and go on a stealing mission, soon find myself chip leader with three left :-) The other two seem to be looking to guarantee 2nd as quite a jump in the prizepool so I just continue to steal the blinds without much resistance. Get dealt 77 in the BB and the sb pushes, I call he has A5, gets no help and we are heads up! I had a 4 to 1 chip advantage and felt I could win. A few hands in and I get A6, he is on sb and raises, I reraise, he pushes and I have to call. He has 55, flop brings a 6 and I have won!! A nice payout of £696 and really pleased to have finished one off. Have won this one a couple of times now and defo one of my lucky mtt's!!!

On nights for the next couple of nights so no poker but looking forward to getting back to it on Monday.

gl in your games,
Mrs D xxxx

1 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Doob said…

    Well done Mrs Dests and good luck :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home