Mrs D's blogspot

A woman's view of the male dominated poker world

Friday, March 09, 2007

Back on the up!!

Well, poker is a funny game, after a terrible February things are finally picking up.

Wednesday night stuck to my guns and played two mtt's on crypto, the 1.5k gtd and the 2k gtd, went out of the 2k with AQ vs KJ but managed another FT on the 1.5k, ending up in fifth which I was more than happy with.

Thursday night is hunnies night with the dreamteam/badbeat game on BF. Got off to a great start with AQ vs KQ on a Q high flop and was going well until about 40 left. Blinds 400/800 and I have roughly 2500 chips left, been getting no hands whatsoever and realise I can't let the blinds go through again, push UTG with K6, lol, and get one caller with A7, hit a king and double up! Next hand in the BB I pick up TT, button raises, I push and he calls with 77, win that and suddenly I am back in it with 13000 chips. Sonn find myself in the money but the game then becomes very tight. No hands and end up doing lots and lots of stealing to stay in it. Eventually make the FT in 4th. Tight play again on FT and with some well timed steals and a couple of hands make it to the last four without hardly showing a hand. With the blinds at 4000/8000 though and an average stack of about 50000 it was getting increasingly difficult. Dealt 22 in the BB and raise to 20000 wanting to just pick up the blinds, BB pushes and I have roughly 23000 left, can't pass, pray that I may be racing and call, he has 77 and I am out in 4th after nearly 5 hours!!!

Really enjoyed it though and feel that my confidence is coming back :-) Great cheerleading from Prettyace and UkGatsby helped too!!

Working nights Fri, Sat and Sun nights so a little break from poker then the rest of next week off so bring on some more poker and Cheltenham!!!!

gl in your games,

Mrs D xxx

3 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Slickqwik said…

    I wont make this post about me but....well I did say one result and u will be flying:) 2 ft's in 2 nights is fantastic! I think the dream team is a hard competition so to Ft in that is great.

    Im expecting a final table from you everyday now:) gl

    slick

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Dests said…

    ty slick :-) hope things are going well for you too ;-)

     
  • At 3:36 AM, Blogger Small Stakes Poker said…

    Awesome result hon

    Paul
    xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home