Mrs D's blogspot

A woman's view of the male dominated poker world

Monday, February 26, 2007

A little break

Well, things went from bad to worse, lol. On nightshift for the next four nights so will do me good to have a break and come back for March. Have been advised to drop down stakes, problem is I have no respect for the low stakes games :-(. I don't think I play at high stakes and I know that I have done well in them. Going to play less games though, and not play when tired which I know affects my game immensely!

Can't wait for summer though, spent all day Saturday at the stables with my horses, got loads done and realised that this is my true hobby not poker, poker is great when you get home early as not a lot of riding to be done of an evening at this time of year. Once the nights draw out I shall be spending evenings out riding. One bonus of poker though is that in the past it helps fund the horses. Guess that is another reason I don't want to drop down, even though I enjoy playing poker, I play primarily to pay for nice extras :-)

Mr G shall be in my seat for the Hunnies this week, I know he will do me proud and I'm sure he loves all the female attention ;-)

gl in your games,

Mrs D xxx

3 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Posh said…

    gl Mrs D.

    I don't think you need to drop down - I had exactly the same thing happen to me in the £20mtts on crypto in Jan. Think out of the 20 I played, I came top 15 in about 8 or 9 of them and cashed once. It's soul destroying. Thing is, you need a stack early in those 10 minute blind games. I reckon the longer levels of b/f or mansion might suit you better.

    Perhaps have a look at stan james/bet365 where there aren't antes late on and you also often get 15 minute levels. might suit you better if you're in a rocky frame of mind now.

    gl and believe. you have talent. just ride the variance, don't play tired or drunk and the results will follow.

    dibs

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger sorcha said…

    horses are much more fun dests :)
    wish i could ride but let the kids do it instead.
    poker is great for the odd night relaxing but ive been playing for three odd years now and it takes a lot of dedication to make the shift.
    looking forward to the summer myself
    gl

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Dests said…

    thx for the comments guys :-)

    Mr D - has been sick in the £20 games but I know the tide has to turn!

    Stevie - yes they are!! Oh, summer, bring it on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home