Mrs D's blogspot

A woman's view of the male dominated poker world

Monday, May 07, 2007

April, running bad and a tiny light at the end of the tunnel

Hi all, bit late with an update, could get really boring, lol.

April wasn't a great month, had a win which was nice but overall a disappointing month, probably about £400 down for the month.

The reason for this is a combination of running bad and consequently playing bad. When your decent hands keep getting outdrawn or running into the nuts I find that I then don't really care and stick them all in with hands like TT just to prove how bad I am running, lol. Crazy!
Also still playing when tired, stupid!

I truly believe to be a long term winning player you have to have first and foremost, discipline. Something that I know I lack at times and I must work on this.

May started awful, couldn't do a thing right. Then on Saturday I won the £1500 gtd on Sun :-) Was about average chips with 20 left, 10 get paid and with 13 left everyone tightened right up. Took advantage of this by stealing a lot of hands and went to the FT with a nice chipstack.
On the FT one key hand was when I had 55, raised from LP and BB (about same stack as me) calls. Flop comes 5x6, all spades. I bet half the pot and he calls, turn is a low blank, I fire again and he calls, at this point I am getting increasingly worried about the flopped flush. River brings another 6, nice! I push, he calls with JJ and I am chip leader by quite a way ;-)

Soon find myself heads up against ClintonO who has been my nemesis in the DreamTeam games. I am aware that he won't make it easy for me. Very stupidly raise with A2, he pushes and I call, he has AQ and I double him up. With about the same stacks I find 88 in the sb, I raise and he pushes. Hope that I am ahead and call, he has A6, no help from the board and I have won.

Last night though back to my normal run. After the win I feel confident, play a £40k sat first. I have QJ in the sb, everyone limps and I make up. Flop comes Qd6dQc, I bet, one caller, turn is Ad, I bet again, he calls, worried about flush when Jd falls on the river! I bet he raises me all in, I call instantly, lol, and he turns over KdTd, didn't see that coming!

Two more mtt's, run KK into AA after 3 minutes in one, lol, and get done by set over set in the other.

Things can only get better.

gl in your games,
Mrs D xxxxx

5 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Posh said…

    congrats on the win Mrs D. :)

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Posh said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Dests said…

    ty Mr D, how are things going with you, have they not revoked your forum ban yet?

    lol at comment deleted, wish I had seen it to remove it?

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger Small Stakes Poker said…

    PMA :)
    x

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Posh said…

    hi there Dests! I'm fine thanks.

    that deleted comment was me - i double posted my first comment.

    still can't post - may have to open another account to sort that. We'll see!

    best wishes
    dibs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home