Mrs D's blogspot

A woman's view of the male dominated poker world

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Devon County and a nice result

Went to Devon County show with Jazz on Thursday. She is only two so can be a real handful at shows as she gets quite excited, but she was very well behaved considering that it is a really busy show. She got 6th which I was happy with.

Got back Thursday night feeling really tired. Had to play Dreamteam, not a good night, very card dead and bust out quite early. Opened up Sun and decided to register for the 6k gtd. God knows why as I was really tired and should have just gone to bed. After an hour or so I am just bored and tired as getting no hands and getting nowhere fast. Then this hand happens -

---- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Dests [Ts Ks]
ThierryH: folds
Dax777: calls 200
Eagle1810: folds
Mic260862: folds
Flopjack: folds
girlyjack: calls 200
Sharon11: folds
Dests: calls 100
redmundir: checks
----- FLOP ----- [Tc 9c 5s]
Dests: bets 800
redmundir: folds
Dax777: calls 800
girlyjack: raises to 3440 and is all-in
Dests: is all-in 2440
Dax777: is all-in 1885
Returned uncalled bets 200 to girlyjack
----- TURN ----- [Tc 9c 5s][6s]
----- RIVER ----- [Tc 9c 5s 6s][4s]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
girlyjack: shows [9d Td] (Two Pairs, Tens and Nines, Six high)
Dests: shows [Ts Ks] (A Flush, King high)
Dax777: shows [Ah Ad] (A Pair of Aces, Ten high)
Dests collected 1110 from Side pot #1
Dests collected 8855 from Main pot

Terrible fishy play from me, lol and very lucky but I just wanted to go to bed :-)

So, with a decent stack I decide to see how I get on. Scrape into the money, top 30. Always at the bottom of the field but manage to steal myself into the top 20. Decide at this point that as 11th pays the same as 20th I am gonna go on a stealing spree and either bust or hit FT with a stack. Start pushing every few hands and find myself on the FT as chipleader after being 20th of 20, lol.

Final table starts badly, I have become trigger happy with all the stealing and get caught out a couple of times. Anyway, finally end up in the last three. Lots of stealing going on from the button and I push with 22, BB calls with K9, K on flop and I am 3rd for £600. Very happy with that though considering that I just wanted to go to bed :-) :-)

Got a few days off this week so hopefully can get some nice results.

Gl in your games,
Mrs D x

1 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger Wildcat said…

    Well done on an excellent result, you would have won if you were properly awake ;)

    And thanks for cheering me up on my whinging post, time to stop feeling sorry for myself ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home