Mrs D's blogspot

A woman's view of the male dominated poker world

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Things looking good

Had a good couple of evenings with two FT's.

Friday night managed 6th in the £1.5k gtd, was going great on the FT when dealt AKc. Blinds 600/1200, utg limps and I make it 8000, utg then pushes, alarm bells going off in my head that he has AA but decide to call just to find out, doh!! He has AA and I am crippled. Out next hand.

Saturday night make FT again in £1.5k gtd, get down to 4 left and I am bottom in chips, TT on the button and I push, sb calls with AQ, A on turn and I am 4th. Happy though and feeling really confident with my game at the moment.

Today's mission is to qualify for the 40k, just finished 2nd in an stt for it so doubled my money, haven't played the 40k for a long time so fancy giving it a go.

Back at work Tuesday but got Thursday off as I am taking my two year old filly to Devon County show. I bred her myself and she is called Jazz, hopefully she can do well in the youngstock in hand class, would mean more than ten FT's :-) Just need to pray for nice weather now!

gl in your games,

Mrs D xxxx

4 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Posh said…

    hey D :)

    gl at the show and wd on the two final tables.

    I hate getting a decent hand when there's an utg limper at high blinds. You know he's likely v strong but it's hard to let another premium hand go.

    top effort to get that far.
    dibs

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Dests said…

    ty Mr D, stupid play really, my mind was screaming AA, you also see people limping utg with hands they want to see a flop with, lol, but I knew he had aces and still called so stupid!

    hope things are well with you x

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Wildcat said…

    Excellent couple of results, just what is needed for someone who has agreed to play for me Tuesday ;)

    Thanks again!

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Wildcat said…

    Oh, and very best of luck at the show as well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home