Mrs D's blogspot

A woman's view of the male dominated poker world

Monday, October 22, 2007

A good night

Haven't had much to update, was having a quiet week, breaking even most nights.

Played the 40k, 1.5k and 2k last night. Qualified for the 40k via satellite for £13. 1.5k went great, was winning lots of pots, getting some nice cards at the right time and managed to make the FT in the top three. Knocked out about four players to give me a decent chip lead and finally ended up heads up with even stacks. Heads up lasted for about 45 mins! I would get ahead then my opponent would double up again. My TT vs AQ and my A8 vs 33 both got him back in it. Finally managed to get the upper hand and had the chip lead by quite a large margin. Get dealt QQ in sb and just limp. He pushes with A7, flop is 477 (argh) turn a blank and river a queen!! £606 for the win and pleased to have another win.

In the 40k I was just mooching along. One key hand was when I get dealt KK in EP, blinds 400/800. Raise to 2400 and get one caller, flop comes K77, bingo, just check and he bets, I call, turn a blank, check again, he bets, I call, river another blank, I let the clock run and finally push hoping to look weak, he instantly calls with AA and I have doubled up. Bubble soon bursts but I am quite short, manage to limp into the top 20. Afer an age finally make the FT but I am a short stack, with one gone already I push with my small stack with 99, no good against AQ and I am ninth for £827.

Obviously pleased with the evening and hopefully things will continue in the same vein.


Other things in life not fantastic, been signed off work for another two weeks with stress and other shit. Hopefully things will begin to turn around and can get back in a fortnight.

Thx for reading,
Gl in your games,
Mrs D xxx

2 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Posh said…

    well done on the poker Mrs D - good effort.

    I'm really sorry to hear about other stuff, hope that it picks up soon. feel free to call if you want to chat at any point.

    best wishes
    dibs

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Small Stakes Poker said…

    Awesome results hon
    hope the other stuff gets better soon xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home