Mrs D's blogspot

A woman's view of the male dominated poker world

Monday, October 01, 2007

September!!

What a month. Sorry haven't updated much but had one hell of a month at work and the poker was terrible, no-one wants to read about my bad beat whingeing.

Terrible first three weeks of the month, kept getting my chips in ahead only to hit the inevitable outdraw. Made some FT's but always ended up only getting 8th, 9th etc, which in mtt's is no good. I know that because I mostly play mtt's the variance is a killer. Just have to keep plugging away at it and it does turn.

Things finally changed last week when I got second in the £2k gtd on Sun. Managed some other FT's and things were beginning to turn around.

Last night decided to play a thunder to the CPC Final and the $150k on Mansion. Won a seat in the thunder for $70 and made my third CPC final. My luck in these have been terrible. With only one seat up for grabs I knew it would be tough to get through. Had a dream start in the first level when I hit a set of eights and find that my opponent has hit a set of two's. From then on I seemed to stay at the same level. Had QQ busted twice by AJ and AK after I had hit a set on the flop. Just kept my focus and ended up on the FT. This was a real rollercoaster but I felt that I was playing at my best. Eventually got four handed and with the chip lead I just bullied the others and was winning a lot of pots. Before I knew it we were heads up with level stacks. I then get dealt AJd. I raise, he pushes. He has been getting me off a lot of pots earlier so I decide to call. He has QQ :-( Flop comes with two diamonds, turn a blank, river a diamond!! Lucky me!!

Finally got a seat and over the moon, me and Mr Dests were supposed to be going on holiday when my dad was taken ill earlier this year. I told him that I would get us a trip to St. Kitts and I have done it. He didn't believe me for one minute either!

Meanwhile I am down to the last 18 in the $150k on Mansion from 850 starters. After being heads up in the CPC I haven't been paying it that much attention. Get dealt 77 in the cutoff. I push for 77k, the button reraises all in for 100k. He has A9?? He hits his ace and nine on the flop and a nine on the turn for good measure and I am out in 18th for $1200. Win that one and I am in the top three with a $33k top prize to play for. Never mind though as was still buzzing from the CPC but it would have made a great evening fantastic!

So including the CPC, my profit for September ended up at about £4.5k, not bad considering that I was having my worst month of the year!!

Thx for reading.

gl in your games,
Mrs D xxxx

5 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger sorcha said…

    was very pleased to see that rachel.
    never ever doubt yourself.
    well done,play your own game and enjoy it , more important enjoy the holiday with mr dests.
    gl

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger Small Stakes Poker said…

    Awesome result Rach xx
    If thats a bad month, would love to see a fab one ;)

    Paul

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Dests said…

    thx guys :-) xxxx

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Wildcat said…

    Ahem, I believe I recall someone telling you a little while back that you would win the seat?

    Have a great time!

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Kirby the German Roofer said…

    Roofer is BACK BABY!

    Check the blog Bitch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home