Mrs D's blogspot

A woman's view of the male dominated poker world

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A nice start to October

Well, my run of form after winning the CPC seat seems to be staying for the moment.

Played the $50k on Mansion the other night, this is a $50 rebuy, I got to the first break having had no rebuys, I added on and was just above average stack. Managed to end up 15th for an ok payout, was really pleased with the way I played though as I got KK once and no other pocket pairs above nines the whole tourney.

Last night played the $20k, 2k and $13k on Sun. Got off to a fantastic start in the $20k, by the first break I was in the top five, then in the second hour this hand happened


----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to Dests [Ts Th]
danfix: raises to 450
hannible: calls 450
Luckylud: folds
jwizard77: folds
REDEYEZ: folds
Dests: calls 450
kk.16: folds
...rory..: folds
loibedo: calls 300
----- FLOP ----- [4d Tc 5h]
loibedo: checks
danfix: checks
hannible: bets 900
Dests: calls 900
loibedo: folds
danfix: folds
----- TURN ----- [4d Tc 5h][3s]
hannible: bets 5550
Dests: raises to 8140 and is all-in
hannible: is all-in 1285
Returned uncalled bets 1,305 to Dests
----- RIVER ----- [4d Tc 5h 3s][2c]
----- SHOW DOWN -----
Dests: shows [Ts Th] (Three of a kind, Tens, Five high)
hannible: shows [Ad Ah] (A Straight, Five high)
hannible collected 17345 from Main pot

Sick pot, win that and I am chip leader by a long way and feel that I could have gone deep.

In the 2k things are going nicely and I get to the FT fifth in chips. Had some nice hands at the right time. Eventually end up heads up, he has 128k and I have about 26k. Just play aggressive and manage a luckbox double up with A2 vs AT. Win another huge pot with top pair vs his second pair. I now have him down to 49k. I get dealt Q4s in the BB. He calls, I check, flop comes ace high with two spades, I bet, he pushes with an ace, I call and hit my flush on the river. Really pleased with a win and the 2k is definitely my favourite mtt :-)

Still in the $13k with about average stack. This changes in the space of three hands, first one I double up with AA, then I get dealt TT, guy raises to 3 x BB. I call, flop comes ten high, he bets, I raise and he pushes with his aces. No help from him and I am chipleader. This is when it went pear shaped. was getting dealt complete trash, every time I tried a move I had to fold. With 32 left and 30 paid I get dealt 66 in the sb, folded to me so I raise and the BB reraises, I push and he calls with kings, doh!

Pleased with how things are going though, just wish my job could be just as enjoyable, really getting to the end of my tether with shiftworking and lots of other shit going on. Would love to tell them to stick there job but unfortunately I have bills to pay :-(

Thx for reading,
Gl in your games,
Mrs D xxxx

2 Comments:

  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Wildcat said…

    Congrats on another super dooper result!! I seem to have said that before, on several occasions actually ;)

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Kirby the German Roofer said…

    Roofer here (BurnleyMicks Brother) Just wondering if you could pop by my blog have a read and maybe link me up if you like what you see. Cheers

    http://germanroofer.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home