Mrs D's blogspot

A woman's view of the male dominated poker world

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Another one on the board.

November had started very quietly with a terrible night on Sunday where I was running into nutters left, right and centre.

Last night turned it round though with a win in the 2k gtd. This has always been my favourite mtt due to the fact that I have won it a few times. With only 10 paid I was struggling as we neared the FT but managed to get there 8th in chips and needing a quick double up. Managed that when dealt 55 in the cutoff, pushed and the SB called with AQ. From then on I had a dream run and eventually ended up heads up with about even chips. Managed to chip away at my opponent until I had a three to one chip lead with the blinds at 1200/2400. Got dealt AQ in the BB, he raised to 7200, I pushed and he called with A2, flop brought two queens and it was all over, a nice £600 for my efforts.

Went back to work on Tuesday which I was dreading. Everyone has been very good and I shall be moving to a different job within the company in the next few weeks. I will be working a few late shifts which will give me less time for poker but at least I should stay sane!!!

Gl in your games,
Mrs D xx

3 Comments:

  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Wildcat said…

    Well done on another super result, and glad things are getting better at work :) Less poker? :( Heavens forbid, the rest of the mtt players will be glad to hear it, are you sure they haven't stitched you up;)

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Wonky said…

    Was just scooting around the blogs and it occured to me that you are off t St Kitts this week. Good luck and enjoy the holiday it's a cracking place. If you fancy a break from the hotel head out down the road to the beach about 10mins walk away (head left out of the door of the hotel and across the roundabout thats down the road) . Cool little beach with some nice beach bars.

    Have fun.

    Jim

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Dests said…

    thx Jim, shall check it out :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home